Pages

Friday, January 28, 2011

Change One Bad Habit a Week

Changing habits are difficult, believe me I know. I don't adapt to change well, even though in the last 10 years I have remarried, changed jobs three times, moved 6 times, lost my Mother, married off a daughter, closed my business and moved all the way across the country for my husband's new job. Whew, that made me tired, I may have to take a nap.
Getting back to change; losing weight is all about change, because let's face it, if you keep doing what you are doing, your weight is going to keep changing, in the wrong direction. The thing is, change does not happen overnight, it takes a lot of work and determination and it is exhausting, sometimes even depressing. Change means moving out of your comfort zone, getting rid of toxic thoughts and sometimes toxic people, you know who you are. So I have a plan to help myself move into this change more easily and with success. I am going to post one goal a week, for example the first week will be moving more. This could be taking 20 more steps than you did yesterday, parking further away from the store, walking the dog around the block, or if so inclined, going to the gym. (I won't be going to the gym quite yet, but that is my issue). For one week that will be my goal and then the next week I will add another goal, such as drinking more water, and I will add that to the first goal and so on. I am taking the change slow and easy because I know I can't do it all overnight and I want these to be lifelong changes and not something I will do for six months, and then go back to my bad habits, just to gain all the weight back again.
Every Monday I will post a new goal, and feel free to come along for the Change Challenge. I can use all of the support and company I can get! Leave me a comment below and let me know what you think.

P.S. My before picture will be posted this weekend. Engineer Man, aka my Husband, has been working late this week and he is my photographer.

No comments:

Post a Comment