Pages

Thursday, February 17, 2011

Some New Things I Think Are Worth Talking About

My husband got me a new gadget for my birthday that I think even Oprah would choose as a favorite thing! It is called Soda Stream. This is what mine looks like
You fill the plastic bottle on the right with tap or bottled water and screw it into the black unit in the middle, press the silver button on the top three times and viola! You have carbonated water!! The three little bottles on the left are different flavors for the water, orange, lemon and berry. They also have several other flavors that taste just like your favorite soda pop. The carbonation comes from a CO2 cartridge that is hidden in the tall black back of the unit and it does not use any electricity. I have never been able to find a way to drink enough water every day and this has solved that problem. I have used it non stop since I got it and my husband makes diet cola and root beer for himself. I LOVE IT!
Side Note: I bought mine at Bed, Bath and Beyond, but I understand they are also available at Kohl's. I do NOT sell these and am not paid to endorse them in any way! I just really like the product.

The next new thing I have found is this:
Quorn or as it is called in Vegan circles, wheat meat. Now I am not Vegan, but I am trying to eat healthier and a friend told me about them.
I pan fried two of the cutlets in a tablespoon of grape seed oil
Placed one in a left over dinner roll

And lunch was made! It tasted like a chicken breast and it was only 75 calories for the sandwich. I also sprinkled it with Cheat, from the Xyngular Company, and that reduced the total calories by 25%. It was a really good tasting, filling lunch! You could add tomato, lettuce or low fat mayo, but I liked it just the way it was.
I am still not ready to give up pizza and steak, but I have to say this was really good!
I found this product in our local heath food store, but I think many grocery stores have them in the Vegan section of the frozen food dept.
Leave a comment and let me know if you have ever tried any Vegan products and if you liked them.

No comments:

Post a Comment