I haven't posted for a few days because I didn't want to bore anyone with all of the details of my diet plan. After the first few days it repeats it self, like washing your hair, wash, rinse, repeat. The protein only days did get easier and easier as the week went on, and my cravings were for strange things like broccoli, celery, tuna and I really wanted V8 juice. The best news is that I lost 9 lbs. in 8 days and my husband lost 10!!!!
During the week I tried some new foods that I thought other people might find interesting.
I discovered something called "Shirataki Noodles. They can be found in wet or dry forms in Asian Markets and some supermarkets. I found the wet variety at my Publix grocery store.
Some New Things I think are Worth Talking About, but for a quick review; Quorn is the brand name of a premium line of all natural meat-free frozen food. The main ingredient in Quorn is mycoprotein, which is a fungus, like truffles or mushrooms. It is high in protein. very low fat and zero cholesterol. So my new "spaghetti" dish was very healthy for us and my pasta loving husband was a happy man. The noodles are more chewy than regular pasta, but it tasted really good.
One of my other favorite meals of the week was this:
What I learned this week about myself and what I know for sure are:
1. Changing your eating habits is a tough thing to do.
2. I am stronger than I thought I was.
3. That stupid saying, well I thought it was stupid at one time, "Nothing Tastes as Good as Thin Feels" is really true.
4. Xyngular products work. They make it easy to lose weight and they keep you motivated to want to keep going and lose more.
5. I lost 9 lbs. in 8 days and to me that is a miracle.
6. I surprise myself every day by how great I am feeling.
7. Going to Old Navy today and buying an XL top instead of XXL top felt awesome.
8. It really is true, you are what you eat and I don't want to be a greasy, high carb, high fat hamburger anymore.
9. If I can do this anyone can.
10. It is never too late to start your life over one pound at a time.
Thanks for stopping by and please leave me a comment or a question.